POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WALL-E : Re: WALL-E Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WALL-E
From: scott
Date: 16 Dec 2008 02:41:41
Message: <49475bb5$1@news.povray.org>
>  Anyways, if you haven't seen it, I suggest you go to rent it. Like now.
> Don't even bother reading any further, just get up and go rent it.

I bought it a couple of weeks back and watched it for the first time at the
weekend.  I must admit that I found several earlier Pixar films more
enjoyable to watch.  I don't know whether I will feel like watching Wall-E
again, but have seen Cars, Ratatouille, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo
several times each and wouldn't say no to watching those ones again.

I don't know what it was about the film that didn't do it for me, it just
didn't seem as "clever" as earlier films, or maybe I just didn't get a lot
of the content.  The overall concept of the story was good, I just think
they could have done a bit more with it.  The first part was pretty boring
before they got into space, I don't know maybe if they had given Wall-E and
Eve more dialogue it could have been interesting?

From a purely CG viewpoint, excellent though.  There was one nit-pick I had
during the film but I forgot it afterwards so it can't have been that bad
:-)